1. All nominations must reach us by midnight on 18/05/14 (NB: this date has been extended to midnight on 25/05/14.)
2. Nominations will only be accepted by completing the online application form.
3. All nominated groups or organisations must be based or work within the Essex Chronicle Media Group’s core circulation area. Click here to see if you are eligible.
4. Nominations that are submitted without ALL the requested information and a good quality photograph may be deemed invalid.
5. Photographs submitted may
be cropped at the discretion of
the editor for insertion into the
supplement and use on our websites.
6. Any person who is an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of Local World or any person directly connected with the organisation of the competition is ineligible to participate.
7. By entering you agree to have your picture and/or name printed in Local World titles and our websites.
8. Nominations may be short-listed by a panel consisting of representatives from Anglia Ruskin and Essex Chronicle Media Group.
9. All short-listed entries will be printed in a supplement and published in the papers and on our websites on or after 11/06/14
10. Voting will take place from 11/06/14 and close at midnight on 06/07/14
11. Votes can be cast by in-paper coupon or texting.
Text voting will cost 50p per text plus one standard network rate message. Only original voting coupons will be accepted.
12. Essex Chronicle Media Group will not take responsibility for any votes that are illegible, misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date.
13. The winners will be the nominations that receive the most votes by the closing date. Awards will be allocated in descending order as follows:
TOP AWARD £2,000
Second award £1,500
Third award £1,000
Five runner-up awards of £500 each
Sponsor’s Special Award x 2 - £500
14. The Sponsor’s Special Awards are NOT up for public vote and will be decided our Editors and Sponsors
15. All short-listed nominations be invited to the Awards Presentation at Hylands House on Thursday, August 7, 2014 where all the winners will be announced and receive their cheques.
16. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and be bound by them.
17. The Editor’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. No cash alternatives.
18. If you have any questions regarding please call promotions on 01737 783884 or 01892 239022.