• All nominations must reach us by midnight on Sunday, October 5, 2014.
• Nominations should be for sporting achievements for the 12 month period from Sept 2013 to Sept 2014.
• The categories are:
Sports Star of the Year (Senior)
Team of the Year (Seniors)
Young Star of the Year (Junior)
Young Team of the Year (Juniors)
Coach or Manager of the Year
Sporting Moment of the Year
• And for the Kent & Sussex Courier and the Sevenoaks Chronicle only:
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council Primary School Team of the Year
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council Secondary School Team of the Year
Kent County Playing Field Ass Groundsman of the Year
• Nominations into the young categories must be competing or active at a junior level
• Nominations into the adult categories must be competing or active at a senior level.
• All nominations must live or compete for a club or school within the Local World South East’s core circulation area specific to their nearest title as shown on these links:
• Nominations must only be submitted with an up-to date good quality photograph attached as a jpeg or pdf. Failure to do so may result in the nomination being excluded at the editor’s discretion.
• Photographs that are deemed to be inappropriate or low quality may result in the nomination being excluded at the discretion of the editor.
• Entries should only be submitted with the permission of the nominee/team, their coach, or parents.
• Photographs submitted may be cropped at the discretion of the editor for insertion into the supplement and use on our websites.
• By entering this competition you agree to have your nomination’s picture and/or name printed in the Local World titles and on our websites.
• Local World does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your nomination.
• Nominations may be short-listed by a panel consisting of representatives from the sponsors and Local World Sports Team.
• All short-listed nominations will be printed in a supplement and published in the papers and on our websites on or after 29/10/14.
o Kent & Sussex Courier courier.co.uk
o Sevenoaks Chronicle sevenoakschronicle.co.uk
o Essex Chronicle essexchronicle.co.uk
o Brentwood Gazette brentwoodgazette.co.uk
o Crawley News crawleynews.co.uk
o Croydon Advertiser croydonadvertiser.co.uk
o East Grinstead C&O eastgrinsteadcourier.co.uk
o Surrey Mirror surreymirror.co.uk
o Dorking & Leatherhead dorkingandleatherheadAdvertiser.co.uk
o Dover Express dover-express.co.uk
o Herald Series folkestoneherald.co.uk
o Isle of Thanet Gazette thanetgazette.co.uk
o Times Series canterburytimes.co.uk
• Voting will take place from week commencing 29/10/14 and close at midnight on 23/11/14.
• Votes can be cast by in-paper coupon (not including free titles) and/or by text. Text voting will cost 50p per text plus one standard network rate message. Only original voting coupons will be accepted. Details of how to vote will be printed in the newspaper and on-line.
• By using this SMS service you are agreeing to receive occasional SMS messages from Local World informing you of promotions, offers and services.
• You will not be charged for receiving these messages and may opt out by texting STOP to the originating number.
• Votes that reach us after the closing date will not be counted but may still be charged.
• Local World will not take responsibility for any votes that are illegible, misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date.
• All votes are independently verified
• The 5 nominations that receive the most reader votes in each category by the closing date will be put forward to the final stage. The top 3 places will be decided by the Local World Sports team and the sponsors.
• All winners will be notified by telephone, email and/or letter and be invited to the awards presentation relevant to their area.
• Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner/s. If the winner/s cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with the terms and conditions, Local World reserves the right to offer the award to the next eligible entrant.
• There will be no cash alternatives.
• By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these terms & conditions.
• Standard Local World promotions rules apply: see www.thisispromotions.co.uk/houserules. for details
• Local World reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
• If you have any questions regarding this competition please call promotions on 01737 783884 or 01892 239022.