• All entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday April 20, 2014.
• All entrants must reside within the circulation area of the Isle of Thanet Gazette as shown on our website.
• Entrants must be over the age of 16yrs on or before 13/04/14
• Any person who is an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of Local World or any person directly connected with this competition is not eligible to participate.
• Entries should only be submitted with the permission of the nominee.
• This is NOT a modelling competition.
• Photographs submitted may be cropped at the discretion of the editor for use on our websites.
• Photographs that are deemed to be inappropriate or low quality may be excluded at the discretion of the editor.
• By entering this competition you agree to have your picture and name printed in the Local World titles and our websites.
• Entrants may be short-listed by a panel of judges consisting of representatives from the Kent Regional News and the campaign sponsors.
• All short-listed entries will be published on our websites on or after 23/04/14.
• The winners will be decided by reader votes which will be by text only.
• All votes are independently verified.
• By using this SMS service you are agreeing to receive occasional SMS messages from Local World informing you of promotions, offers and services.
• You will not be charged for receiving these messages and may opt out by texting STOP to the originating number.
• Votes that reach us after the closing date will not be counted but may still be charged.
• Voting lines will open on 23/04/14 and close at midnight on 18/05/14.
• Text voting will cost 50p per text plus one standard network rate message.
• There will be two winners, the male and female with the most votes will be deemed the winners and be named Isle of Thanet Gazette Face 2014.
• The winners will be notified by telephone or letter within 14 days of the closing date.
• Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner/s. If the winner/s cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with the terms and conditions, Local World reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
• The prize for each winner is as follows:
o Full body massage and luxury manicure at East Kent College
o 2 course lunch, including coffee, in the East Kent College Restaurant which can be taken after or before their treatment.
o A one hour photo-shoot with a Kent Regional News photographer at a location to be agreed between the winners and the newspaper. Photos from the shoot will be published on the websites. The winners will be able to choose four to be printed and kept or used for portfolio purposes. The remainder will be put onto a disc to be used however they wish.
• Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
• Standard Local World promotions rules apply: see www.thisispromotions.co.uk/houserules. for details
• By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and be bound by them.
• There will be no cash alternative.
• The Editor’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
• If you have any questions regarding this competition please call promotions on 01737 783884 or 01892 239022.
EAST KENT COLLEGE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR
Thanet Faces Competition prizes
• It is the prize winner’s responsibility to ensure that they are available to benefit from the prize on the advertised terms as failure to do so will not result in any substitutions by EKC.
• The decisions of EKC shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence shall be entered into.
• EKC reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prizes (or any part of the prizes) and the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the prize where applicable.
• EKC will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond EKC’s reasonable control:
o i. any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion
o ii. any changes to the prize or the way in which it can be used;
o iii. any act or default of any third party supplier;
o iv. any injury or loss caused to the prize winner by the prize or activity subject of the prize.
• EKC does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
• EKC will also not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack or virus or malicious code that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the website.
• By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that if they are a winner:
o i. they grant EKC the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration (and, if required by EKC, will sign a written statement to this effect);
o ii. they will take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at EKC’s request.
• EKC reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
• These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction, save in respect of enforcement of judgments where their jurisdiction shall be non-exclusive.
• If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.